Our products and services
See below descriptions of what we can bring to
your training organisation or aviation authority
PART-66 TRAINING MANUALS
PART-66 STUDENT WORKBOOKS
PART-66 EXAMINATION GENERATOR
PART-66 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
THE WHOLE PACKAGE
PART-66 ONLINE STUDY
PART-66 TRAINING MANUALS
Delivering quality aircraft maintenance training straight to your classroom
Part 66 modules: training manuals and workbooks – Hard Copies
Delivered to your door by FedEx – worldwide In paper hard-copy format, delivered to you on a module-by-module basis, in your choice of document build – colour/mono print, card or plastic labels and dividers, spiral-bound or clip folders, etc. Send us your preferences and we will give you our best quote. Browse our online bookshop to see more information and get a hard copy sent to you by FedEx. All modules 1-17, and all licence categories A,B1,B2,B3 are available.
Part‑66 modules: training manuals and workbooks – electronic format
Download and read on your laptop and tablet In electronic eBook format, delivered by electronic download, on a module-by-module basis, in full colour with no shipping costs. Your students can open and read on desktops, laptops or tablets. Browse our online bookshop to see more information.
Again, for training organisations, we can manage your eBook course-ware for you by branding our white label products with your logo and corporate styles. We provide you with the documents and an access code for each of your students. Big discounts are available for classes of 10 or more students, for this cost-effective and low‑maintenance format of course-ware delivery.
We supply any (or all) Part-66 modules, training manuals and workbooks, in editable Microsoft Word and optionally also PowerPoint versions.
Various add-ons are available, such as student workbooks and exam question banks, integrated to form a complete training and assessment package.
You can edit, delete or add content as you wish, and make printed and/or secure eBooks for your students.
All the course-ware can be branded with your logo, your corporate colour scheme, and any additional preface materials you care to specify. With the MS Word documents, you can also choose your preferred options such as paragraph justification (left or full) and language (British-English or American-English).
PART-66 STUDENT WORKBOOKS
Workbooks are student-centered learning activities. They are written by professional educators who are also aircraft engineering specialists in the respective field. The workbooks are designed to facilitate the student’s active involvement in the learning process and their development of the understanding of aircraft systems and maintenance principles. They are the ideal complement to the training manuals.
The core premise is that learning should be based on “doing” immersive activities. The idea of activity-based education is rooted in the common notion that the students are active learners rather than passive recipients of information. If the student is provided with the opportunity to explore independently and are provided with the appropriate tools to do this, and in an optimum learning environment, then the learning becomes more efficient and longer-lasting. The workbook question style is aimed at the understanding of systems and principles. It is geared towards developing the learner’s ability to describe systems, techniques, procedures and principles, instead of just learning facts and figures.
Questions and answers in the workbooks are pitched to a technical and difficulty level commensurate with those difficulty levels (1,2 or 3) specified in the Part-66 syllabus.
The workbooks can be used on an entirely personal level, by which the student uses the workbooks to reinforce the knowledge learned in the classroom. Alternatively, the trainer can issue the workbooks as classwork, or as homework, subject-by-subject. After that, facilitate an active class discussion upon completion of the section. The student’s correction and expansion of their answers continue to form a part of their entire learning process.
The workbooks are not an assessment or examination tool. They are an immersive learning aid for the trainee and a feedback tool for the trainer. They are not intended to replace the normal classroom activities, but they are designed to complement the usual didactic teaching style.
QBgenerator is a computer programme that is offered to training organisations who wish to set exams for their students, either as a part of an EASA Part-147 approval, or simply to set practice and mock exams for the EASA Part-66 courses.
- The programme stores an unlimited amount of multiple choice questions and essay questions, sorted into Part-66 syllabus modules and sub-sections, and graded into Levels as specified in the Part-66 rules.
- You can set administration levels for access, based on who is authorised to add/edit questions, and who can only generate exams.
- Exam generations are highly configurable, you can select the module, the sub-sections, the number of questions and the Licence Category, or simply select “Part-66” format to generate an exam of the same format as the Competent Authority would issue.
- Exam papers are generated randomly (i.e. questions are selected at random with the constraints specified as described above), are printed onto paper, and include a blank answer-grid sheet, and an instructor’s copy.
- Questions are fully editable, with the ability to add diagrams if necessary. You can add new questions, copy / move existing questions to other Modules.
- Fully EASA Regulation (EU) 1321/2014 compliant (can be easily customised and/or modified to comply with other Regulations and future changes)
- Works with Gravic Office Remark OMR software
- “Online Mode” lets examinees do paperless exams at computer screens (including tablets) with automatic marking.
- Stores results indefinitely.
- Provides question “Facility Index” statistics.
- Print Exam Reports and Examinee Reports.
- Print Certificates (EASA Part-147 format)
The QBgenerator comes with over 7,000 ‘stock’ questions loaded by default. However, you can either enter your own additional questions (if you have them already in some electronic format, such as MSWord), or we can supply more questions (up to 20,000 multiple choice ‘stock’ questions are available across all Part-66 modules, or ‘secure’ questions), at an additional cost.
If you are a training organisation, perhaps you are a Part-147 approved organisation, or are preparing for such approval, and if you are looking to facilitate yourself with a Part-66 exam bank and question generator, please feel free to contact us by email or phone for an informal discussion to discuss your exact requirements. We can provide a full system demo either by visit, or via Skype.
See qbgenerator.com for more information.
For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Part-66 Examination Questions
We can provide training organisations and Competent Authorities with exam questions, for any/all modules 1-17 (and Essay questions too). We have available three types of questions:
These are sold to any organisation and as such, are considered to be in the public domain. Many can probably be found on the internet also. As such, they are not normally considered suitable for official examination by a Part-147 organisation or the applicable Competent Authority. They are however very good for general “practice” of questions and phase/mock exams etc. as a part of an ongoing learning process.
We have over 23,000 Stock questions, covering all Modules (1-17) and all Licence Categories in accordance with the syllabus of EASA Part-66. You can choose how many questions you want to buy, per Module. You can also choose how many questions you would like per subsection, or, if you prefer, you can let us decide on the questions-per-subsection breakdown, based upon our experience of teaching the Modules, and the rule-of-thumb of approximately 1-question per hour of classroom training.
Please note that these are not sold to individuals. If you are a student of the Part-66 Module subjects and are looking for a set of questions with which to test your knowledge prior to entering the Official Part-66 exam, please go to club66pro.com.
Please contact us for the price of Stock Questions.
What are Secure questions? These are sold only to Part-147 organisations or Competent Authorities. All questions are written by TTS and are kept out of the public domain. Any organisation wishing to buy these questions are required to sign a Non-Disclosure Confidentiality Agreement, to ensure they understand their responsibilities with regard to maintaining the security of the questions in accordance with Part-66/147 (or non-EASA equivalent) procedures.
What is the cost per question? It is usual for organisations offering official examinations to hold 2 or 3 examination papers in each Module. You can choose how many questions you want to buy, per Module, or how many examination papers you would like. You can also choose how many questions you would like per subsection, or, if you prefer, you can let us decide on the questions-per-subsection breakdown, based upon our experience of teaching the Modules, and the rule-of-thumb of approximately 1-question per hour of classroom training.
Please contact us for the price of Secure Questions.
How many questions do I need? This depends on the Licence Categories (A, B1, B2 etc.) in which you are approved to deliver exams. As a guide, for example:
- For 1x exam papers for all B1.1 modules (modules 1-10, 11A, 15, 17A), you will need 692 questions. For 2x exams, you will need 1,384 questions and so on…
- For 1x exam papers for all B1.1 and B2 (modules 1-10, 11A, 13, 14, 15, 17A), you will need 1,219 questions. For 2x exams, you will need 2,438 questions and so on… Note: if a question can be used in more than one Module, for example where some Subsections of Module 11A is the same content and same Level (1,2 or 3) in Module 13, we charge only once for the question.
- Please contact us telling us exactly what Licence Categories you require, and how many exam papers you want, and we will advise how many questions you need and the cost.
What distribution (per Subsection) of questions do you recommend? Contact us and we will send a spreadsheet showing the distribution of questions across Modules and Subsections. The spreadsheets will show you how many questions you will need, in total, taking into account which questions can be used commonly between Licence Categories.
What if I need to add more questions later on? Most Competent Authorities require exam question databases be reviewed annually (sometimes bi-annually) and redundant questions withdrawn from use, and at least 10% new questions added. We can supply additional questions as required, on a rolling (usually annual) basis.
In what format are your questions delivered, and what information comes with each question? Each question, constructed as above, is delivered in the format of your choice (MSWord, MSXLS, txt file etc.) with the following information:
- the correct answer (A, B or C);
- the Level (1, 2 or 3);
- Reference to learning objective (from Part-66 syllabus);
- Reference to module and Part-66 syllabus paragraph / subparagraph.
Each Module is delivered as a separate file of questions, headers are used to subdivide the questions into Subsections in accordance with the Part-66 syllabus.
Note: The above sample questions are provided in two different formats, as examples. You can define your own format as required when you purchase questions.
As above, we can supply Stock Essay Questions and Secure Essay Questions and Unique Essay Questions (£300 per question). Please contact us for prices of the three types of Essay Questions.
The stock essay questions do not include answers or marking schemes.
The Secure Essay Questions and Unique Essay Questions include a model answer and a marking scheme in accordance with the Part-66/147 requirements.
QBgenerator Exam Management Software
If you are looking for an exam management software, specifically developed for Part-66 syllabus and exams, where you can upload your own questions, edit questions, generate Part-66/147 compliant exam papers, deliver in paper format or on-screen (via secure Wi-Fi), store results and print Pass Certificates, then the QBgenerator is the solution for you.
We install it for you (on any windows based PC/laptop, or your intranet server), and provide training on how to use it. Questions (of any of the above types) can be installed as part of the delivery.
For more information, check out qbgenerator.com. Contact us to arrange a demo (either by visit or by Skype).
For a short synopsis and video, click here.
THE WHOLE PACKAGE
Are you planning on setting up a maintenance training organisation, an apprenticeship scheme or similar? Whether it’s going to be a Part-147 organisation or not, we can help.
We can supply the Whole Package, including:
- Study Manuals to suit the Part-66 syllabus, in a variety of formats – MSWord (editable), eBook, hard-copies, all with your own logo and styling.
- PowerPoint presentations for your instructors, again with your own logo and styling.
- A database of secure examination questions for any or all of your Part-66 Modules, any or all Licence Categories A, B1, B2, B3, multiple choice and essay questions.
- Examination software that can generate exam papers for any Part-66 Module, either on printed paper or deliver on-screen, record examinee results and print certificates, all in compliance with Part-147 requirements.
- We can even supply instructors if you have a temporary shortfall, either as you build up your capability, or due to shortages at any othe time due to staff sickness etc.
We have set-up many Part-147 organisations throughout Europe and Worldwide. If you are hoping to do the same, get in touch, let us know what you need and we can provide the hardware and the software for your training organisation, tailored exactly to your requirements, as and when you need it.
club66pro.com is an on-line EASA, GCAA and UK-CAA Part-66 basic licence examination study aid, designed for individuals, either self-studiers or those already undertaking a formal course of study.
Three services on one portal
- On-line Study Notes. Read about the subject whilst practising the questions. Fully indexed and word- or phrase-searchable. You can read about the subject prior to attempting the questions, and quickly recall the Study Notes whilst you practice the questions, just to refresh your memory.
- A Tutorial Support service, where you can post your technical questions and queries which always crop up during the process of your studies, or read other people’s questions and answers on any Part-66 module and sub-section. One of our professional instructors will always respond with an answer or explanation.
- Thousands of multiple choice questions, with answers, for the European EASA Part-66 modular examinations. You can practice questions and test your readiness for the Part-66 examinations, covering the whole of the Part-66 syllabus. Four options are available:
Flexible Membership Programmes
There are several study programmes and options available:
- Option 1: Month-by-month, module-by-module Club membership allows access to the practice questions member’s area – an integral and essential consolidation of each of your Part-66 module studies.
- Option 2: An annual keyaccount membership of the whole member’s area, offering unlimited access to any of the modules – you swap and change the modules you wish to practice, as you desire. An efficient, flexible and economic way to learn. You can choose to practice the questions only, or include with your membership, our on-line Study Notes with the Tutorial Support service.
- Option 3: A 2-year Platinum Flexible membership of the whole member’s area, offering unlimited access to any of the modules, with our full on-line Study Notes and our Tutorial Support service – you swap and change the modules you wish to practice, as you desire. You can also suspend (or put “on-hold”) your membership, for an unlimited maximum duration, for such periods that you know you will be unable to study. An efficient, economic and super-flexible way to learn.
- Option 4: A company site licence offering unlimited company-wide access for all your staff, to the whole of the member’s area at once – helping you in your personnel development and supporting your staffs’ development towards greater flexibility and capability.
For more details, and to enroll on a program of study, please go to club66pro.com.
For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Computer-based training (CBT)
The Part-66 Study Notes from TTS can be supported by highly interactive classroom trainers and other computer-based training (CBT) to enhance the overall experience within the classroom and increase students’ understanding of some of the more challenging subjects.
This CBT will run on any standard Windows PC and each application includes a perpetual site licence. This means that no renewal is needed and the CBT can be installed on an unlimited number of computers within your training school. Therefore, the CBT can be used by multiple instructors and also by the students to reinforce their learning afterwards.
Please contact us to learn more about the CBT.
What our clients say about us...
The QBgenerator examination manager system has made my question management, analysis and assessment procedures are much more streamlined than the manual system I previously used. TTS has thought very carefully about the functions of the software that make my assessment procedures very easy and painless with a minimum of administration time and effort. Georgios - Greece
TTS installed the QBgenerator software for us and configured it just how we wanted it so our examination delivery was in full compliance with our aviation authority right from the start. They even provided my staff with training on how to use it with lots of tips to make it easy to use. It is very user-friendly, easy and intuitive to use. Adi Muhammad - Malaysia
The software is designed specifically for the aviation maintenance training industry so it is totally fit for purpose. Previously we used a more generic software solution but it always felt like we were forcing the software to do a job that it wasn't really designed for. QB is quite different. It lends itself specifically to our workflow. Every function has been designed to reduce admin time in managing questions, providing exams to our students and analyzing results. It even prints certificates and Knowledge Deficiency Reports, which we previously had to do manually. And when it came to approval by our CAA, they had nothing but praise for the system. Mike Strange - United Kingdom